Manhattan Prep Shipping FAQ
When will my order ship?
- Orders placed by 1:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday, will be processed the same day and shipped the following business day. For example, if a next-day order is placed before 1PM on Monday, the order will be processed on Monday and arrive on Tuesday.
- Orders placed after 1:00 PM EST, or on weekends and holidays, will be processed on the next business day and shipped the following business day. For example, if a next-day order is placed after 1PM on Monday, the order will be processed on Tuesday and arrive on Wednesday.
- Shipping is calculated based on business days only; we do not ship on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- The pick-up/processing day does not count as a ship day.
When will I receive my order?
- Domestic (including Alaska and Hawaii)
- Ground: Typically 5-7 business days (Please refer to our UPS Ground Outbound View Chart for state-specific transit times).
- Expedited options (Next Day, Second Day, and Three Day): As noted
- Ground: 4-5 business days
- Economy: 3 business days
- Priority: 1 business day
- UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
- 4-5 business days
- Other International Orders (including Puerto Rico)
- Economy: within 4-6 business days
- Priority: within 3 business days
(Remote locations may require more time)
What courier service do you use?
- Packages are shipped via UPS, USPS, FedEx or Parcelforce depending on your location and which shipping option you choose.
- Packages to P.O. Boxes and APO/FPO addresses are shipped via USPS. Please note that shipments to P.O. Boxes may result in a delay in processing. Also note that we do not ship to international P.O. Boxes.
- GMAT Packages to the UK are shipped via Parcelforce
- With very few exceptions, all other packages are delivered via UPS.
When will I receive tracking information?
You will receive an email with tracking information one business day after your order is shipped. You may check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and viewing your Account History. We cannot guarantee order changes once an order is set to “Processing”.
Can I change my address after an order is placed?
Once an order is processed, we will try our best to make address changes, however, this is dependent on the courier used and extra fees may apply. If you would like to request a change to your order, contact email@example.com.
How much does it cost to ship?
Shipping costs depend on the weight of the package and its destination. Our Rate Calculator is available here.
Do I have to sign for the package when it is delivered?
Signatures are not required to deliver packages to residential domestic addresses. Under certain circumstances, the courier will not deliver if they deem the area is unsafe. International shipments and deliveries to business addresses do require a signature.
Should I use my work or home address?
Choosing a work or business address can prevent shipping delays as orders are generally delivered during business hours (Monday-Friday, 9-5PM). If you plan to transport your books from your place of business, note that a complete set of our materials weighs close to 25 pounds. Phone numbers are required for every order.
I am located overseas; do I have to pay shipping duties and taxes?
Your order may be subject to shipping duties and taxes depending on the receiving country’s regulations. The customer is responsible for these fees.
International Students, please be advised: some countries require a tax ID, or alternative ID number, to clear customs. This number must be provided by the recipient, not the sender. It is imperative that you check your tracking number frequently, and/or proactively reach out to UPS to provide this information if it is necessary. Please call 1-800-782-7892 (be ready with your tracking number) to determine if and how you must provide the additional identification numbers.
Which countries do you ship to?
Manhattan Prep ships to any country serviced by UPS, which delivers packages to more than 220 countries and territories around the world.
My tracking information states that delivery was attempted unsuccessfully; What should I do?
We will notify you when the package is on its way. In most locations, they will make three attempts to deliver it to you. In England, you will be contacted for alternate re-delivery. If you miss all of these delivery attempts, your shipment will be sent back to our warehouse. You may contact us to arrange for the package to be re-delivered, but you will incur additional shipping charges.
I need a replacement shipment. What should I do?
Replacements are subject to approval by the shipping department. If a replacement order is approved, it will be shipped at the speed of the original order. Also, incorrectly submitted addresses are not eligible for a refund of shipping charges and will be subject to a replacement shipping fee.