Ready to study the right way? We incorporate the latest discoveries in learning science into our LSAT course to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your prep. Want to see? Try the first session of any of our upcoming courses for free.
The LSAC is adding two new LSAT test dates for the 2018-2019 year, including a July LSAT and a March LSAT.
In addition to the July and March LSAT test dates, the 2018-2019 LSAT schedule will also shift the December test to mid-November and the February test to late January. This new LSAT schedule means that from June 2018 to March 2019, the LSAT will be offered at least every other month for the convenience of prospective law students.
Take a look at the 2018-2019 LSAT test dates:
Benefits of the New 2018-2019 LSAT Test Dates
- More exams, more frequently: The new LSAT test date schedule has a shorter split between exams. Plenty of our students need just another couple of weeks to hit their targets, but before would sometimes have to wait 3-4 months to take the exam. Now, it’s never more than a couple months away from the end of a prep plan.
- Holiday factor: This new LSAT schedule takes holidays into account. The November LSAT is before Thanksgiving, which alleviates the stress of trying to juggle that holiday with studying. And the January test is still far enough away from most winter holidays to allow for a break before the final sprint.
The New July LSAT Test Date
The new July LSAT test date is a pretty big deal, and a huge positive step for several reasons:
- More options: The July LSAT test date offers another option. That’s almost always a good thing.
- Student-friendly timing: The July LSAT test date fits much better with overall student timelines. The June LSAT test date occurs shortly after school lets out, and the fall test, now that it’s in September, occurs shortly after it starts up again. July should make it easier for students to fit studying into their summer/school schedules.
- Good afternoon: There’s now a second afternoon LSAT time option. We’ve found that a large proportion of our students appreciate starting the test a little later in the day.
Stay tuned for more information about the 2018-2019 LSAT test date schedule as it emerges.