Trying to figure out the best way to pitch yourself? Heard a new rumor about application? Join the discussion.

AbrahamS97
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

When to sign up for CAS

by AbrahamS97 Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:55 am

I don't plan to start applying for law school until next fall. However, I would like to start assembling letters of recommendation before professors I had in undergrad forget about me.

Is the CAS fee one-time or would I be paying twice to wait a year? The LSAC website is rather vague about this. It warns not to sign up too close to your applications, but says nothing about being extremely early.

Thanks!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 2254
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: When to sign up for CAS

by ohthatpatrick Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:12 am

It looks like your subscription is good for 5 years, from what I read.

Kristinav10
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Kristinav10 Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:50 pm

I also have a question regarding the CAS system, I went to 3 different undergraduate universities would it be beneficial for me to use this system to send out all of my information? OR do I have to keep sending my transcripts to LSAC and then send them to each school? When you send it to LSAC is it a one time deal or do you have to keep sending the transcripts for as many schools as you apply to? Im so confused!! :?

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 2254
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ohthatpatrick Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm

I honestly know nothing about the system, so I don't think this forum will be of any help.

My impression was that EVERYBODY used this system, and that once you had uploaded your transcript to CAS, you didn't need to for each school (that's what you're paying them to do).

When a school reviews your app and decides it wants to move forward with you, I think it requests your transcript from CAS at that point.

You might consider using JD Mission's free 30 minute phone call to ask this and other questions.
https://www.jdmission.com/consult/